Fat Acceptance Movement / Fat Girlcows

• 💣🐕 Some attachments and thumbnails are missing because they were accidentally soft-deleted in the file storage server. However, my file system is revisioned, which means they can be rolled back and restored, but I will have to write a script to do this automatically. Sorry. New files and attachments uploaded are safe and will not be impacted by maintenace.

Awkward Aardvark

kiwifarms.net
Treatment for anorexia nervosa has become more effective over the years, as more research and study has been invested in it. Sugar and food addiction though? It doesn't seem like there's much beyond Overeaters Anonymous.
Food addiction should be recognised as a pathology needing psychological intervention, first and foremost. We don't approach anorexic patients with a stern talking to after appraising their diet. Why would we assume that tactic would work for chronic food addicts?

I honestly think that there needs to be almost a BMI cutoff and everyone above that BMI would be automatically given the "overeating eating disorder" (or find a better term) diagnosis and treated accordingly both with medication as well as with psychological and dietary consultation. I'm thinking that a BMI of about 35 sounds right as a cut off point, because you can be a very muscular dude (like the rock) and still be technically obese, but you can't reach the BMI 35 level with pure muscle. At some point all the extra weight comes from excessive fat (with significant water accumulation in very rare occasions).

I totally hate the idea of actual government intervention, but at least they could remove all the farming subsidies that push down the price of food so much that it's plentifully available. Additionally it's rather clear that it's becoming necessary to ban the advertisements for candy/junk food, maybe only sell sugary products unseen behind the counter kind of like many countries do for cigarettes, and maybe even putting some restrictions on very obese people's ability to purchase these kind of products once they've reached some BMI level. The obesity problem truly is now so huge that it's breaking the caring capacity of most Western healthcare systems irrespectively of them being publicly or privately funded and managed. A possible easier option would be to make large sugary snack food companies pay similar settlement fines that the tobacco companies have been paying for decades. I don't know, didn't really intend this to go political - I'm sorry :(.

I can't give you advice. But I think the closest thing to helping your friend would be to try and glean the pain at the root of where it all started. Obviously the worse the disorder affects her life, the more food is a salve. But what was the beginning of that? Did her family mess her up? Was school socially brutal?

So I've known this lady since she was in her early 20s and we've talked about her early life in the past and I know that she's always been fat, or at least like that since she was around 8-10 years old. She claims she's been on a hundred different diets, many even per year in the past, and she's continuously been gaining weight year after year. She's never had a moment in her life when she was down more than a few % of her heaviest weight, which has always been her most or second most recent weighing. She has a massive problem of empty caloric consumption. She drinks, for example, more than 3 liters of sugary soda per day and when I've suggested her to switch it to diet soda of the same kind, she's always declined because she claims she doesn't like the taste. Once she described having her first glass of Coca-Cola right when she gets out of bed as a "kind of magic" - it's truly disturbing all around.

My friend has also told me that she's been seeing a psychologist almost constantly since she was about 15 years old and has at most been on a total of 4 different mental health medications simultaneously. I can't confirm the claim, but I know she's currently on at least one mental health medication. She's told me she went to the psychologist mainly because she's afraid of death. Not afraid that she would die herself, but that her parents, siblings, boyfriend, friends, pets etc. would die and she still can't accept the fact that things in life die. I've suggested she'd try to get into one of the organized forms of Christianity as they talk about eternal life etc., but she says she can't make herself believe in god and even if she could her firm belief that god must be a woman would expel her from any Christian church. Aside from the fear of death, she's suffering from some always present general anxiety and depression that comes and goes every few months/years. She says that when she was growing up her mother was very unsupportive and in some ways emotionally cruel, although her mother wasn't a narcissist or physically abusive, nor was she an alcoholic, a drug addict or anything similar.

I wish I would understand better why some people get stuck in their thought patterns like that. I, as an example, had very absent parents (both workaholics) when growing up, I was teased in school almost the entire time etc., but I overcame those difficulties and built myself a great life after my university graduation. Partially I feel like her lengthy spouts at a psychologist can't be helpful, because if I would go to someone every week for an hour to talk about my problems I think they would only become intensified over time if this behavior went on for months and years. Similarly, I'm wondering what impact multiple mental health pills can do for people who're on them for years. I can understand the need of them in acute etc. situations, but being on them for over a decade seems excessive to me. And no, I'm not a doctor, just pretending to be one on the Intrawebbs.

The Emperor Skeksis

We will never be dust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Similarly, I'm wondering what impact multiple mental health pills can do for people who're on them for years. I can understand the need of them in acute etc. situations, but being on them for over a decade seems excessive to me. And no, I'm not a doctor, just pretending to be one on the Intrawebbs.
It depends on what type they are, but if your friend is not improving in any way after years then clearly whatever she is on is not helping her. And if it's not helping it's not worth putting that shit in your body.

I recognise some of your friend's problems from my own direct environment. I'm in an academic environment, and I've noticed that helping people who are quite intelligent like your friend is pretty much impossible if they don't truly want help. They're all highly (over)analytical and pick apart anything endlessly in their head, and they can make good arguments (and justifications) for anything. It's really easy for such a person to get stuck in unhealthy thought patterns like you mentioned, and to endlessly repeat those thoughts in their head. It's hard to argue against their denial, because they will attempt to pick apart any argument to help them. They tend to scoff at suggestions like taking up religion or yoga or addiction programs or whatever, because they can immediately come up with ten reasonable arguments why that 'won't work for them' or 'that's pseudoscience' or something like that, and they often feel that they should be able to fix themselves on their own. Their mind really works against them, perhaps moreso than with people who are better intellectually and emotionally balanced.
Obviously many intelligent people don't have issues like this, but I really do believe it is easier for (extremely) intelligent people to fall into the trap of overthinking and obsessive and unhealthy thoughts.

I think your friend knows that what she is doing is killing her. She gets angry or shuts down when you bring it up because she feels ashamed. She might even know where the pain comes from - she may have analysed that and picked it apart in her mind a thousand times over. But that's not the same as confronting it or dealing with it in a therapeutic way, that's just going in mental circles. And if you're still in denial therapy is just a very expensive talk.

I do hope she gets better. You're a good friend, but in the end it has to come from her.

NoReturn

Please read all posts in the voice of Neco-Arc
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah bmi is by itself WILDLY vague sometimes, especially with people who work out and lift
That's why body composition is where it's at.
main-qimg-d8e73dbedf68bac5f8355072691bde3b.png

same-weight-fitness-incredible-transformations16-5aab9593d9c1c__700.jpg

same-weight-fitness-incredible-transformations-15-5aabb7d83f54b__700.jpg

same-weight-fitness-incredible-transformations-5-5aab95a811a86__700.jpg
The only issue with it, though, is that fatties will delude themselves into thinking they're muscular when really it's just fat.
im actually surprised that at the very top of the gigafats there's almost double as many women as men
from my impresisons IRL i would have expected the opposite, whenever i'm outside i see way more super fat men with huge beer guts than i do super fat women
then again i'm not in america so maybe the distribution is just different in different countries
I've seen a lot of this on fitness boards, etc. There seems to be a lot of misinformation and misconceptions out there about how different men and women really are. (Which may be why "trans activists" can get away with so many blatent lies; the people reading/hearing them don't know any better.)
There was a post a saw recently of a woman on YouTube showing off her routine (tried to find it again but failed, sorry) and one of the top comments was "Where are her gains?!" not realizing that this is just how some women look.
Women don't build muscle as quickly as men. For all the "easy mode" memes, men have muscle-building on easy mode, they just need to put in the work. Women, in contrast, have fat-building on easy mode.
Compared to men, women:
  • Have larger individual fat cells (up to 5x larger)
  • Produce fewer "fat burning" enzymes
  • Have lower testosterone production (0.2-2.7nmol/L vs. 10-35nmol/L)
  • Store fat in the skin differently
  • Have lower cardiometabolic risks at higher BMIs
Even the way the skin stores fat is different thanks to how the connective tissue grows. This last bit may be why lipedema is so much more common in women, but we just don't know yet.
whatislipedema.png

eternal dog mongler

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Studies behind a $51 paywall and from the abstract it appears its not even a true study its listed as a "perspective" piece by their own journal.
This one?

Looks like they were using this

1625880505605.png

Yeah, uhh...look at those hotties, which one is most attractive to you? Please try not to think you're a fucking serial killer or something for a moment. This is just a research study.

Attachments

• BIGGUNS.pdf
    364.8 KB · Views: 87

NoReturn

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
how the fuck did she think this was gonna work out?
I think she tried to play it off as a "Tee hee I'm just being sillllly~" but would have jumped on it if the opportunity arose.

lizzo
lizzo · 9h ago
I wanted tiktok to see my look first since y’all always got somethin ta say 👩🏾‍🎤😳👩🏾‍🎤
Hello Baby feat. Fivio Foreign - Young M.A & Fivio Foreign

Alexander Thaut

Viva Venezuela!
kiwifarms.net
Side question: Why do so many fat women flip off the camera as their go-to pose?
"owning the haters" or "showing they're badass".

I think it's pointless anyways because it's a form of vulgarity that's lost its punch.

another side question: why's it always fat women that whine about not nailing a 10/10 guy but that whining's socially acceptable. meanwhile some fat guy whines and he's treated like an incel lmao.

but the fat women do it in public spaces, loudly.

all the fat guys i've heard whining do it in more secluded online spaces or privately irl. (most of them, that is.)

NoReturn

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
but the fat women do it in public spaces, loudly.
The premise assumes other women find this behavior ok, but men don't. I assure you they do not. Fat women who act like this are considered just as disgusting as the incels who do the same thing, but unlike fat men, fat women can find other heiferbeasts to support them and provide a safe-space made of woman-blubber to shield them from the mean ol' 170lb "skinny bitches".

Alexander Thaut

Viva Venezuela!
kiwifarms.net
The premise assumes other women find this behavior ok, but men don't. I assure you they do not. Fat women who act like this are considered just as disgusting as the incels who do the same thing, but unlike fat men, fat women can find other heiferbeasts to support them and provide a safe-space made of woman-blubber to shield them from the mean ol' 170lb "skinny bitches".
yeah it's easier to find guys who'll be supportive if you wind up joining a gym. (if you have social skills.)

I think the funniest shit I've ever seen was a landwhale trying to bully some slightly chubby girl who picked up a rich boyfriend. It was a really weird catfight that ended up with 3 campus security guards lifting the landwhale off the other girl.

Hell, what's so funny is that a lot of these idiots are as socially retarded as your average male incel.
  • Can't dress for shit
  • "teched in they haid"
  • shit hygiene
  • entitlement
  • narcissism
  • self-esteem issues projecting everywhere
  • they don't even want a feeder or fat fetishist, it has to be a 10/10 man who still manages to find them sexually attractive. :story:
I'm seen chunky women get hitched to guys on the same "level", I've seen guys with a preferece for chubby women. As a Nigerian Immigrant to America, you tend to see a lot of interesting things. I've always noticed that it's the morbidly obese women that go to the weird entitled behavior+laziness+incel bullshit.

I even had one grab my dick at a workplace BBQ and only got away with it because she was an unlikable cunt.

Last edited:

NoReturn

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I click this thumbnail I get a "Video removed" message, but does this caption say Lizzo's new single is going to be titled "Dick in my Chest"?
1.PNG

Bonus content, the most recent video that actually pulls up:

lizzo
lizzo · 4h ago
IF MY FRIENDS AINT LOUD I DONT WANT EM
original sound - lizzo
I do not understand and cannot empathize with people like this. Between things like this video and the "mukbangs" I just cannot connect with people who operate at this volume. Shit, I couldn't even watch that Alan Roberts video recently where he shows clips of Lizzo eating.
Is she/Are she and her friends just living life with everything muffled, so they need this level of stimulation to exist?

Lunete

Plantation Barbie
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Skinny fat" is a colloquial term used to describe people who are within a healthy weight range but have an unusually high body fat percentage. While it's not an actual medical term it is a legitimate medical problem that a lot of people struggle with. And you don't get to dismiss that because you don't personally like the phrase.
Also being too fat isn't healthy.

Angry New Ager

My bitchface never rests.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Skinny fat" is a colloquial term used to describe people who are within a healthy weight range but have an unusually high body fat percentage. While it's not an actual medical term it is a legitimate medical problem that a lot of people struggle with. And you don't get to dismiss that because you don't personally like the phrase.
Also being too fat isn't healthy.
View attachment 2335056

My understanding of "skinnyfats" is that their pattern of fat distribution favors visceral fat around their organs. Which is definitely unhealthy, and something you really don't want, even if your BMI is in the normal (or even slightly below normal) range.

This child doesn't know WTF she's talking about, but she thinks fatness can be healthy, so that's to be expected.