Dramacow "Daddy" Derek Savage - Creator of Cool Cat Saves the Kids

• 💣🐕 Some attachments and thumbnails are missing because they were accidentally soft-deleted in the file storage server. However, my file system is revisioned, which means they can be rolled back and restored, but I will have to write a script to do this automatically. Sorry. New files and attachments uploaded are safe and will not be impacted by maintenace.

Girlfriend-free Boy

Ever Been in a Storm?
kiwifarms.net
Some of you may have heard of "Cool Cat Saves the Kids", a bizarre yet somewhat morbidly interesting low-budget anti-bullying movie created by a man who calls himself "Daddy" Derek Savage and starring a character that would have seemed dated and lame even in the 90s:
It was released in early 2015 and right after it's release, it was riffed on by people on the internet, the most noteworthy being Your Movie Sucks:
While "Daddy" Derek was fairly cool about the criticism and seemed pretty pleased with the publicity that the movie got from it's notoriety, things suddenly took a turn for the worst when a guy on Youtube called I Hate Everything made his own riff of the movie. Almost immediately, the video was taken down for copyright infringement and the guy received a strike on his channel:
Not content with just the video being removed, "Daddy" Derek went on a spiel on Twitter about how he was going to take down the whole channel and take legal action against IHE (I Hate Everything):
Not satisfied with taking down just IHE's channel, he also went on a maddened DMCA spree on anyone that made anything that was slightly negative against Cool Cat, and he responded to attempts at peacemaking from IHE by sending threatening emails and demanding his real name and home address:

So what are your thoughts on this, Kiwis?

getoffmylawn

Don't touch my Kentucky Blue Grass.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm guessing that he was probably going to do the same to Adam at YMS but when he saw that people were buying his DVD's, he let it slide. But now that more people are riffing on it and he isn't seeing much monetary gain, he is pissed.

I mean, he reedited Cool Cat after the YMS review and people were fucking pissed because they felt like they got duped. I bring this up because I think he does take this stuff personally.

I don't know if Daddy Derek is much of a cow, but he does have a hilarious web page where he shills his e-books about being a male stripper and gun safety videos.

Here are some important links:

His web page, http://www.dereksavage.com/

His signed Van Halen guitar that has been sitting on ebay forever, http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-VAN...E-ALEX-SAMMY-MIKE-Its-BEAUTIFUL-/251745531335

Last edited:

Nayolfa

kiwifarms.net
Derek's been rather cool about Cool cat crits until IHE's video. IHE did nothing different from the other reviewers, but because his name is "I hate everything", it must mean he's a troll!!! It takes 30 seconds of any main IHE video to see he doesn't hate everything, do your research Derek...

Anyways, he's going against the same shit he preaches in his godawful movie. I think thats cow worthy.

creamyfanta

kiwifarms.net
Some of you may have heard of "Cool Cat Saves the Kids", a bizarre yet somewhat morbidly interesting low-budget anti-bullying movie created by a man who calls himself "Daddy" Derek Savage and starring a character that would have seemed dated and lame even in the 90s:
It was released in early 2015 and right after it's release, it was riffed on by people on the internet, the most noteworthy being Your Movie Sucks:
While "Daddy" Derek was fairly cool about the criticism and seemed pretty pleased with the publicity that the movie got from it's notoriety, things suddenly took a turn for the worst when a guy on Youtube called I Hate Everything made his own riff of the movie. Almost immediately, the video was taken down for copyright infringement and the guy received a strike on his channel:
Not content with just the video being removed, "Daddy" Derek went on a spiel on Twitter about how he was going to take down the whole channel and take legal action against IHE (I Hate Everything):
Not satisfied with taking down just IHE's channel, he also went on a maddened DMCA spree on anyone that made anything that was slightly negative against Cool Cat, and he responded to attempts at peacemaking from IHE by sending threatening emails and demanding his real name and home address:

Why "Daddy?" I thought this was some diaperfur shit when I first read the title of the thread.

Also, Coolcat looks like a disgusting murrsuit...

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, Daddy Derek went off the deep end... I'm honestly kinda surprised, especially since YMS's review actually caused him to release an edited version of Cool Cat that acknowledged some of the issues Adam took with the movie.

MediExcalibur2012

kiwifarms.net

I'm sure IHE will find a way to get the video back up; and fuck this cat over even more

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Man, what a manchild Mr. Savage is. I mean how can he be cool with the initial riffs of the film, yet now fly off the handle? I normally don't say this, but he deserves all the hate comments and death threats.

Also, the man's other things are just as stupid. Between Trolly the Trout and something about the president being a devil. I can't tell if this is really what his career direction is. And if it is, it's downright depressing and funny at the same time.

As for the doxing he's trying to do to IHE, I don't think he realizes just how the internet really works. And he made a video about cyberbullies. Hypocrite much?

Girlfriend-free Boy

Ever Been in a Storm?
kiwifarms.net
Man, what a manchild Mr. Savage is. I mean how can he be cool with the initial riffs of the film, yet now fly off the handle? I normally don't say this, but he deserves all the hate comments and death threats.

Also, the man's other things are just as stupid. Between Trolly the Trout and something about the president being a devil. I can't tell if this is really what his career direction is. And if it is, it's downright depressing and funny at the same time.

As for the doxing he's trying to do to IHE, I don't think he realizes just how the internet really works. And he made a video about cyberbullies. Hypocrite much?
IHE himself speculates that this change in attitude was sparked off by a Twitter parody account made of Cool Cat, which Derek flipped out over, and IHE's video just sent him over the edge.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
"Oh, wow! She's got kids that must mean she's got money."
:\
I get the feeling he doesn't have kids.
Given that he thinks a cartoon cat is his son, I don't think it'd be all that surprising if he were single in real life.

IHE himself speculates that this change in attitude was sparked off by a Twitter parody account made of Cool Cat, which Derek flipped out over, and IHE's video just sent him over the edge.
I'm aware of that, but it's clear that "Daddy" has no sense of humor or sarcasm. Between the reviews, the twitter and now this stupid lawsuit that I think holds little to no grounds in the court of law if it's proven that he's just as, if not more so, aggressive as the people he's trying to sue (like IHE).