🐱 Interesting clickbait, op-eds, fluff pieces and other smaller stories

  • 🐕 I am attempting to get the site runnning as fast as possible. If you are experiencing slow page load times, please report it.
CatParty
102943266-caitlyn.530x298.jpg


http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/24/caitlyn-jenner-halloween-costume-sparks-social-media-outrage-.html

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...een-costume-labeled-817515?utm_source=twitter

It's nowhere near October, but one ensemble is already on track to be named the most controversial Halloween costume of 2015.

Social media users were out in full force on Monday criticizing several Halloween retailers for offering a Caitlyn Jenner costume reminiscent of the former-athlete's Vanity Fair cover earlier this year.

While Jenner's supporters condemned the costume as "transphobic" and "disgusting" on Twitter, Spirit Halloween, a retailer that carries the costume, defended the getup.

"At Spirit Halloween, we create a wide range of costumes that are often based upon celebrities, public figures, heroes and superheroes," said Lisa Barr, senior director of marking at Spirit Halloween. "We feel that Caitlyn Jenner is all of the above and that she should be celebrated. The Caitlyn Jenner costume reflects just that."
 
View attachment 4595662


View attachment 4595673



Thank god there was a camera, poor guy could have ended up dead and be blamed for it.
 

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard have announced that they are backing down from this year's Bluesfest due to controversies surrounding another band in the line-up.

As reported by Guitar.com, the neo-psych band is withdrawing from the billing as fellow Australians Sticky Fingers have been confirmed to be performing at the festival.

The group's frontman Dylan Frost has been accused of racism and violence, with the Sticky Fingers singer allegedly making racist comments towards singer Thelma Plum in 2016, and threatening a transgender woman in 2018.

King Gizzard have issued a statement on social media, saying:

"As a band and as human beings we stand against misogyny, racism, transphobia and violence. [We are] surprised and saddened to see Bluesfest commit to presenting content that is in complete opposition to these values."

"We are deeply disappointed to be in this position but sometimes you need to be willing to make sacrifices to stand up for your values."

It saddens me to no end to see King Gizzard are also a bunch of faggots, but oh well, that's entertainment.
 
Weird But True

I have the ‘world’s biggest lips’ — now I want to set the cheekbones record​

By Jack Hobbs
February 23, 2023 3:31pm

Très cheek.


Andrea Ivanova — who has gained international attention for her record-breaking lips — has now set her sights on having the world’s largest cheekbones.


“I don’t like boring ordinary appearances and I am a fan of huge shapes and eccentric beauties,” the 25-year-old Bratz doll look-alike told Jam Press.


The woman said that she has already spent over $1,900 on her latest cheekbone endeavor and she’s not done.


The plastic surgery fanatic began her transformation into a living Barbie in 2018 when she first began to inject her lips.


“I’ve had four hyaluronic acid injections in my cheekbones so far, but I will undergo two more within the week,” said Ivanova. “For the healing process, I need to avoid strong pressure on the face for up to three days afterward.”

“My aim is to model and gain significant enlargement of them, but of course, I still want bigger lips, too,” continued the Bulgaria native. “I will continue with more injections in [both] to make them even bigger.”


The plastic prodigy said that she will pay for the rest of her cheek-raising surgery with the money she earned by auctioning off “kisses for cash” on Instagram to the highest bidder.


“For Christmas, I will have new procedures on my face. I will have new injections of hyaluronic acid in my lips, chin and cheekbones as a gift from me to myself for Christmas,” said Ivanova in a now-deleted post.

“I will make my lips even bigger as well as continue to my new goal and for the biggest chin,” she continued. “I am planning a lot of new procedures on my face and a new breast augmentation with even bigger silicone implants.”


Ivanova revealed that several clinics have refused to do the cheek procedure, claiming that if she received any more injections, she may die.


The filler fanatic also claims she had breast augmentation surgery to take her from a 75C to a 75E bra size.


According to Ivanova — who claims to have had over 43 procedures — she’s spent more than $18,000 to “perfect” herself. Her lip injections alone cost her over $9,000.


Ivanova said that she has received her fair share of negative comments on her journey.

“I don’t worry about people’s comments, as I have my own taste and views on beauty – I follow them strictly,” commented Ivanova.


“Each person should satisfy themselves without fearing or worrying about the opinion of others because the meaning of life is to be happy.”

SOURCE


NYPICHPDPICT000007127078.png

NYPICHPDPICT000007127081.png

PS WebP is a gay format and I would not have sex with it.
 
2CC46416-4DD0-481C-921B-B4E77B1F79DF.jpeg



3DEC6CA8-696F-42A3-84C5-C31E6E63124C.jpeg
 
There's some explosions in an Iranian city who host a nuclear facility.
Reports are emerging of a possible attack on a military facility in the city of Karaj on Thursday night, at a moment tensions are boiling between Tehran and Israel over the Islamic Republic's advancing nuclear program.

The BBC’s Persian-language service reported that widespread gunshots and and explosions were observed in the area, which lies just west of the Iranian capital. Anti-aircraft fire was also seen in multiple circulating clips, which remain unverified.
 
Possible 2,000-year-old carved wooden dildo found in an archeological dig site from ancient Rome...


I am not a woman, but I hope it was well-polished so as to avoid having to dig splinters out of the vagina after using it.
 
Article Archive

A bald eagle refused to move and got buried under snow — with only its head poking out — to protect its eggs during a storm, video shows​

1677336946913.jpeg
A livestream of an eagle nest captured one of the birds nearly buried in snow on Thursday morning.

The eagle, who was incubating its recently laid eggs, rode out a heavy snowstorm from the nest.

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources said snow can actually provide extra insulation.

A bald eagle in Minnesota was spotted partially buried under a mound of snow, with only its head poking out, as it remained in its nest and waited out a storm in order to keep its eggs warm.

The eagle was captured on the EagleCam managed by Minnesota's Department of Natural Resources, which is currently livestreaming the nest 24/7 as the pair of birds incubate their eggs. The eagles welcomed their first egg of the season on February 15, followed by another on February 18, according to the DNR.

The male and female have been taking turns incubating the eggs, while the male also provides food and never strays too far from the nest, keeping a lookout for potential threats or predators.

The eagles were also apparently aware that a storm was coming, according to the DNR, which said Tuesday: "Both of the eagles have delivered more nesting material in anticipation of the coming snow storm."

Much of Minnesota got more than a foot of snow this week, and viewers who tuned into the EagleCam on Thursday morning found one of the birds covered in snow, an EagleCam clip shared by local WKYC showed. It stayed in that position for a while before standing up, shaking the snow off its feathers, making some adjustments to the nest, and eventually settling back in. The eagle's partner returned to the nest a short while later and took over incubation duties.

Fans of the EagleCam left supportive comments on DNR's Facebook page. "That is ONE DETERMINED parent," one commenter wrote on a photo of the eagle covered in snow. Another person added: "Bet her kids won't ever appreciate it."

Perhaps un-intuitively, the blanket of snow could help keep the eggs warmer.

"The snow will provide insulation for the eggs as they incubate," the DNR said in an update on Tuesday ahead of the storm. "The eggs are now nestled further down in the soft fur, feathers, leaves and grasses tucked in around them."

The DNR said the female may still lay a third egg, noting eagles typically lay each egg about two to three days apart. The EagleCam, which has been running for ten years, will capture it all. According to the DNR: "In 34 to 39 days, there just might be fuzzy-headed chicks to watch!"

Have a news tip? Contact this reporter at kvlamis@insider.com.
 
Looks like Mexico is now touched with various fire at state owned refineries.

#EXPLODEDSUDDENLY…

In just one day, massive fires broke out at three different facilities in Mexico and one in the United States that are controlled by the state-owned Mexican oil company, Pemex.

On Thursday, three separate fires broke out at Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX) facilities, resulting in two workers’ death, at least eight people were injured, and several others missing, Bloomberg reported.

This resulted in increased scrutiny of the safety record of the Mexican state oil firm in advance of its earnings call on Monday.

The fires broke out at the Pemex crude oil storage facility in Veracruz, Mexico, in Maya unit (285,000-barrel-a-day) Minatitlan refinery in Veracruz, and in Deer Creek, Texas.

Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, president of Mexico, said at a press conference on Friday morning that the fire at the Minatitlan refinery was immediately brought under control, but that the fire at the Ixhuatlan storage facility has not yet been extinguished. He said, “in the case of Ixhuatlan, it will take more time because it occurred at an oil deposit.”
As the old saying said:"two is a coincidence, three is a pattern".
 
Possible 2,000-year-old carved wooden dildo found in an archeological dig site from ancient Rome...


I am not a woman, but I hope it was well-polished so as to avoid having to dig splinters out of the vagina after using it.
I hope it was just some kind of totem because the whole idea of a wooden dildo that looks like that going into any orifice at all gives me the willies.
 
nigerian_elections.jpg

Seen on BBC Pidgin. Headline is funny because it sounds like people need to be taught how to vote for the right to have an election where they can vote.

Article itself is just voting instructions in brain killing pidginspeak.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: NoReturn
Looks like the Atlantic isn't in love with ALMO anymore.
...Last, but not least, they are concerned about AMLO's "autocratic" ways at the Atlantic:

Mexico’s erratic and authoritarian president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, is scheming to end the country’s quarter-century commitment to multiparty liberal democracy. He is subverting the institutions that have upheld Mexico’s democratic achievement -- above all, the country’s admired and independent elections system. On López Obrador’s present trajectory, the Mexican federal elections scheduled for the summer of 2024 may be less than free and far from fair.
AMLO has lost the liberal Atlantic and Mexicans are worried.
 
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: NoReturn
the BMJ calls out Gender affirming care for minors having zero evidence

https://www.bmj.com/content/380/bmj.p382#ref-11

More children and adolescents are identifying as transgender and are being offered medical treatment, especially in the US—but some providers and European authorities are urging caution because of a lack of strong evidence. Jennifer Block reports


In line with what Finland & Sweden have already found, puberty blockers are completely banned there for minors and all researchers who actually look into the studies and evidence call out the affirming care model being pushed by activist in the US

NYT tried to report on this but was falsely called out, the AAP is being MASSIVELY criticized for silencing those who speak out and pushing this VERY harmful affirming care model with ZERO evidence to support

if you notice, ALL the studies that activist attempt to use as 'evidence' is done by 1 guy, Jack Turban, a researcher barely out of school who is constantly critized by respectable researchers for using very flawed methods and misleading claims

this one guy is also cited by ALL MSM as 'expert' when trying to defend activist

Also
Bryan Cranston Says Trump’s MAGA Slogan Is ‘Racist Remark’
Various news outlets reporting on this. How brave an original. Hollywood filled with self-hating whites and the jews that demand it. I guess ol cranston just read some of that trash like 'white fragility'. Doesn't he know racism was the current thing a couple years ago with saint fentanyl floyd, current thing is worshipping kike Zalensky. Insert meme of internet explorer finally responding
 
Last edited:

Dad of Boy Killed in Stolen Car Says Owner Shot Right Away​

DENVER (AP) — The father of a 12-year-old boy shot and killed in a stolen car by the car's owner is accusing the man of acting like a vigilante.
At a vigil Thursday night, Elias Armstrong's father, Thomas Armstrong, said a police detective told the family last week that the people in the stolen car fired one or two shots while the car's owner fired 15 rounds, “emptying his clip", The Denver Gazette reported. Authorities do not know who fired first, he said.
Surveillance video obtained by the newspaper show the Feb. 5 shootout lasted a matter of seconds. It shows the stolen car's owner drive up and park in front of his stolen Audi and then run quickly back to it. There is some smoke that can be seen, presumably from gunfire, before the Audi drives away about 10 seconds after the man approached.
“He approached the car with the gun, running to the car, and (then he) pulled the gun out and started shooting right away. He was upset at these kids for taking his car and he’s angry. And he’s coming to kill these kids over his car,” Thomas Armstrong said on the eve of Elias' funeral. “It was pretty much vigilante justice.”
Police said Friday that the case is still being investigated and declined to comment on Thomas Armstrong's account of the gunfire.
Police have said the owner of the stolen car used an app to track and find his vehicle — and that when he approached it, there was an “exchange of gunfire” with at least one person inside the car. They said Elias Armstrong drove the car a few blocks away and was found by officers inside with a gunshot wound. He died after being taken to the hospital.
Other people who were in the vehicle appeared to run away before officers arrived, police said.
Police have previously said they could not release any documents in the case because they were still investigating both the car theft and the shooting.
Last week, the office of Denver District Attorney Beth McCann said it would not charge the car's owner because it did not believe it could guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in the Feb. 5 shooting, an ethical standard it must meet in order to file charges.
In a statement Thursday, McCann said she and a detective met with the family last week to explain the decision not to prosecute the car's owner which she said is based on the “self-defense issues which were present at the time."
“My heart goes out to Elias Armstrong’s family in this time of terrible and overwhelming grief," she said.
Copyright 2023 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

usanews / archive

Fp_G5O3WwAAiilO.png
 

Dad of Boy Killed in Stolen Car Says Owner Shot Right Away​

DENVER (AP) — The father of a 12-year-old boy shot and killed in a stolen car by the car's owner is accusing the man of acting like a vigilante.
At a vigil Thursday night, Elias Armstrong's father, Thomas Armstrong, said a police detective told the family last week that the people in the stolen car fired one or two shots while the car's owner fired 15 rounds, “emptying his clip", The Denver Gazette reported. Authorities do not know who fired first, he said.
Surveillance video obtained by the newspaper show the Feb. 5 shootout lasted a matter of seconds. It shows the stolen car's owner drive up and park in front of his stolen Audi and then run quickly back to it. There is some smoke that can be seen, presumably from gunfire, before the Audi drives away about 10 seconds after the man approached.
“He approached the car with the gun, running to the car, and (then he) pulled the gun out and started shooting right away. He was upset at these kids for taking his car and he’s angry. And he’s coming to kill these kids over his car,” Thomas Armstrong said on the eve of Elias' funeral. “It was pretty much vigilante justice.”
Police said Friday that the case is still being investigated and declined to comment on Thomas Armstrong's account of the gunfire.
Police have said the owner of the stolen car used an app to track and find his vehicle — and that when he approached it, there was an “exchange of gunfire” with at least one person inside the car. They said Elias Armstrong drove the car a few blocks away and was found by officers inside with a gunshot wound. He died after being taken to the hospital.
Other people who were in the vehicle appeared to run away before officers arrived, police said.
Police have previously said they could not release any documents in the case because they were still investigating both the car theft and the shooting.
Last week, the office of Denver District Attorney Beth McCann said it would not charge the car's owner because it did not believe it could guilt beyond a reasonable doubt in the Feb. 5 shooting, an ethical standard it must meet in order to file charges.
In a statement Thursday, McCann said she and a detective met with the family last week to explain the decision not to prosecute the car's owner which she said is based on the “self-defense issues which were present at the time."
“My heart goes out to Elias Armstrong’s family in this time of terrible and overwhelming grief," she said.
Copyright 2023 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

usanews / archive

View attachment 4655983
It's a nigger. What a shock. The way the car owner just emptied his clip, it sounds like this has happened before and he's had jack of it. I like the parent's, "How dare he shoot back!" outrage. You can tell why the whelp was a car thief at twelve. Likely following in mummy and daddy's footsteps.
 
Back