Off-Topic "We Can Always Tell" - Competitive Clocking

• 💣🐕 Some attachments and thumbnails are missing because they were accidentally soft-deleted in the file storage server. However, my file system is revisioned, which means they can be rolled back and restored, but I will have to write a script to do this automatically. Sorry. New files and attachments uploaded are safe and will not be impacted by maintenace.

Miriam Margoyles

With Her Face Like A Gargoyle's
kiwifarms.net
My assumption is because the website is called "we can always tell", it's supposed to show how transphobes can't always tell because otherwise our scores would all be 100. This person has a github page that has a ton about gender science/ideology https://bethylamine.github.io

They also have a specific tab called "we can always tell" that links to this article by Katie Montgomerie that makes the claim you can't always tell if someone is trans https://katymontgomerie.medium.com/no-you-cant-always-tell-a5967cc55761

So no I don't think this is meant to out any trans people or to train people to spot the difference, I think they're just trying to make a point.

The idea that transexuals think we cant tell simply because they have close up pictures of ugly people or people with more adrogenous features is pretty telling in of itself.
If they were honest with this they would have full body shots and similar style pictures to compare to. because it is a lot earier to tell when a man stands next to a women.

Basically all they are doing is using the trans version of the age old fat girl myspace angle and trying to claim they pass

I agree. The premise of the test is immediately flawed, because generally people are not clocking trannies from one still image alone. Angles, posing, makeup and filters can aid in the troon's deception in a still image.

However, clocking a troon actually involves a number of factors: troons can be clocked from how they move, how they dress, how tall they are, how they're built, how big their hands and feet are, how big the gap between their nose and their top lip is, how big their ears and nose are, the sound of their voice, how broad their shoulders and back are, the shape of their legs, the language they use, how they write, their interests, the music they listen to, their chosen names, their chosen usernames - I personally, have clocked a troon solely from the thumbnail they used for their YouTube which didn't even feature them in it.

I'm reminded of that quote from The Witches by Roald Dahl: 'None of these things is any good on it's own, it's only when you put them all together that they start to make a bit of sense'.

I will say one thing, though, pooners tend to pass better than troons (another victory for women, I suppose!), but the illusion is shattered once they're stood next to an actual man and their short stature and tiny hands and feet instantly give them away. Also, if they're excessively fat - and this applies to both males and females - that can make things a bit tricky, since all the gender signifiers seem to melt away into a strange blob.

All that being said, check me out.

miriam scorecard.png

It's lower than I'd like, but I think being correct three quarters of the time is a respectable score for a high level TERF.

Last edited:

Procrastinhater

Lord Inquisitor of the Holy Inquisition
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 5911563
not too bad! I was honestly expecting a worse score because some were quite tricky.

However, if I actually got to see and hear these people in real life, it would almost certainly increase to about 100%. That's what they like to ignore - it's not just about looks on a single photograph, it's about voice, posture, behaviour etc.
I've got $1000 dollars that says I could get 100% just by meeting these people in person for 10 seconds.
Its easy for some of them to pass (particularly Pooners) in carefully curated head shot only photos (especially with filters).
In person its impossible, theres dozens of tiny things that give them away.

Still, I'll give credit to the 20% of Pooners that manage to pass in filtered headshots.
Go you.
I guess.

Last edited:

Otterly

Primark Primarch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Passing sort of in still pictures is interesting isn’t it? If you think about how real life is vs online life. Before the net we all met in real life and the only time you speak to someone if you didn’t meet them would be via phone. Nowadays it’s almost the other way around. I have never met the majority of the people I work with as they sit in overseas offices. I communicate via IM or email mainly. That’s text information. Then there’s phone. I’ve had quite a few ‘oh you’re a girl!’ Moments over the years and we always laughed about it. So that’s sound sbased information, two layers. Maybe these days zoom or teams as well, that’s a third visual layer, hard to pass in a moving picture. Then finally meeting in real life.
That troons and pooners think they pass is largely a function of them living in an artificial online environment where they interact via text and stills. IRL the illusion is dispelled instantly - NOBODY passes. You can’t change some things. Small tells like bone and joint angles, how people sound and smell and things you can’t even realise, it’s almost subconscious.

Pierre D'Olnique

Kill yourself and save me the trouble, mate.
kiwifarms.net
That troons and pooners think they pass is largely a function of them living in an artificial online environment where they interact via text and stills. IRL the illusion is dispelled instantly - NOBODY passes. You can’t change some things. Small tells like bone and joint angles, how people sound and smell and things you can’t even realise, it’s almost subconscious.
Catfishing with flattering filters/angles has been a thing for ages. Can't find the pic right now, but I'm pretty sure most people here recall an ancient photo of a seemingly attractive blode, white woman with sunglasses making a duck face at the camera, then on the right it turns out she's shaped like a bar of soap.

Oliver Onions

Stop sinning. That's literally all you have to do
kiwifarms.net
The average so far seems to be 60-70%, which is still a pretty damning success rate for something that's allegedly hard to do. And as others have pointed out, these stats are largely impacted by pooners passing really well as 14-year-old boys trying to grow their first moustache.

Pierre D'Olnique

Kill yourself and save me the trouble, mate.
kiwifarms.net
The average so far seems to be 60-70%, which is still a pretty damning success rate for something that's allegedly hard to do. And as others have pointed out, these stats are largely impacted by pooners passing really well as 14-year-old boys trying to grow their first moustache.
It's only somewhat difficult because it's rigged. Without cropping, angling, filters or with any kind of motion/spoken audio nobody would dip below 95%. That site is simply unwillingly admitting that troons and pooners can only pass with 3+ layers of lies.

Oliver Onions

Stop sinning. That's literally all you have to do
kiwifarms.net
It's only somewhat difficult because it's rigged. Without cropping, angling, filters or with any kind of motion/spoken audio nobody would dip below 95%. That site is simply unwillingly admitting that troons and pooners can only pass with 3+ layers of lies.
Conceptualise my astonishment that the men pretending to be women and vice versa would be dishonest.